Not Sure What You Want or Not Confident in Your Sign or Graphics Choices? Read this.
For most businesses, getting signs and graphics made can be somewhat of a challenge because the choices and options available can be overwhelming.
When it comes to getting signs and/or graphics made for your business, there are a few common situations:
1. You know what you want. You know who sells it at a quality and price that you like. You like the process they use for getting the information from you and turning it into the product you need.
2. You sort of know what you want. Some of the details may be hazy or undetermined. You may or may not have a company that you like to use to get your materials made.
3. You have a problem without a solution. You need a sign but don't know much past that. You have a window that overlooks something you'd rather hide (like an industrial A/C unit) or a glass wall that people keep walking into but aren't sure what to do about it. Or you need to communicate a marketing message on a banner but don't know the first thing about banners. Beyond this, you don't have a company that you like to use. You plan to search via Google.
4. You have a large business with many people who need various signs, graphics, and vehicle wraps. You need an easy and reliable way to get everybody what they need when they need it.
Let's look a little further at each of these situations.
Common customer #1: You know what you want
If this is you, you are the educated consumer. You likely have some background in graphics or design. You're an old hand at ordering signs and graphics and want to work with a company that is reliable, affordable, and can deliver the quality that you expect. In your best case situation, you'd have a guy that you trust that you can work with to realize your vision.
Common customer #2: You sort of know what you want
This is most likely the group that you fall into. This is where most people fall. Even skilled folks who have ordered from us for years will have blind spots in their knowledge about all of the items they can produce and problems with can solve with graphics and design.
Other common situations include knowing what you want on the sign but not knowing how you want it constructed. Or how big you need a sign to be visible from the road. Or which substrates are better for cost and which are better for durability. Or maybe you don't know what a substrate even is.
Or, if you ever find yourself shopping online for your sign/graphic purely based on price, you probably fall into this category.
There's an easy situation for this customer: You need a guy.
Common customer #3: You have a problem without a solution
This happens a lot when you're (a) a busy business owner or (b) an overworked assistant. In both cases, you have a lot of things to do and not a lot of time to do them. In this case, like the case above, you need a guy.
Common customer #4: You're a big business
If this is you, you already know that you have a lot of moving parts in your organization and somebody needs to be able to coordinate with them all. If you've read this far, you may be sensing a theme: you need a guy.
What's a Guy?
In all four cases, all of the customers would benefit from having a guy. What's that? In short it's someone you know who can do what you want, taking the burden off of you.
The Benefits of Having the Right Guy
Having the right guy means they can:
- Help you figure out your options to solve your need/issue/problem
- Help you work through the details related to the graphics and construction
- Install your sign or graphics and can work within your schedule
- Steer you away from choices that will create a less than desirable result
- Do all of this at a fair price
We Want to Be Your Guy
Here at Port City Signs & Graphics, we've been in business for 70 years printing high-quality signs and graphics. We've seen just about everything there is to see in the sign business. From beautiful exterior signs to interior signs and graphics, vehicle wraps, window enhancements, decals, and more we have all of the products businesses need to communicate their brand to their customers in a beautiful and functional way.
Whether you're a solo entrepreneur, small business, large commercial builder with many moving parts, a non-profit, a government agency, or an educational institution, we can be relied upon to make you look good and to make your life easier.
In the next blog post we'll take a look at some specific examples of how we've become The Guy for some of the most respected businesses and organizations in the Wilmington area.
If you're looking for help with your sign or graphics needs, contact us or call us at (910) 350-8242. We're standing by to help you get the perfect sign or graphic for your needs.